Scrumtrulescent Saturdays Party: Green Mountain Pizza



Saturdays I will share a recipe with you and you then can link up a fav recipe too!
doesn't that sound good?
so Welcome to Scrumtrulescent Saturdays!
And I would LOVE to see any yummy recipes you might have too.
So link them up at the end :)


So today, I will share with you my favorite pizza ever:

Green Mountain Pizza
don't you love the heart shaped wonder?

So I got this recipe from my good friend Jaime.  She actually invited us over when we first moved to San Antonio.  We ate this pizza and both my husband and I were in love.
Anyways, here's the recipe today.

Ingredients:
1/4 c Alfredo cause (any kind BUT Ragu)
2 chicken breast halves (8 oz) cooked and shredded (Cut chicken into cubes and then cook in 1-2 tbsp of bacon greese. )
16 oz. Pizza crust (see below)
1/2 lb bacon, cut into 1/2 in. pieces
10 large fresh spinach leaves
2 c. grated mozzarella cheese
4-6 green onions, sliced diagonally
2 c. grated Swiss cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread Alfredo souce evenly over pizza crust. Arrange spinach leaves over sauce. Add green onions, shredded chicken and bacon. Sprinkle Cheeses over top. Bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly. Serves 4 huge portions. (this pizza is very filling!)

Here's the best pizza dough you will ever have!
Pizza Dough from Bobbi Johnson

4 c. flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. instant yeast
1 1/2 c. hot water

Combine yeast and water. Set aside. Combine flour, sugar, and salt. Add yeast mixture. Knead for 10 minutes and let rise until double. Spread out on pizza pan. Add sauce and toppings. Preheat oven at 350 degrees, bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese melts.

So here's a few tips for you:

cut the bacon into 2 inch or less pieces and cook.

 Save the grease for the chicken!
 Place the chicken in the bacon grease to brown.  Set both aside for the pizza.


Now the dough...I highly recommend this instant yeast.  works like a charm every time!
 Follow directions in the recipe.  Mix yeast and hot water first.  Combine the dry ingredients then slowly combine the two.
 I use these kneading attachments.  
Don't use your normal mixing attachments.  
You need to knead the dough..duh!..say that 3 times fast!
 And what kitchen wouldn't be complete with out a "empty all drawers" attack from your 16 month old during cooking time?..oh that rascal!
 Let the dough rise for about 15 minutes.  I let that sit and then get the rest of the ingredients ready, like cut up the onions and grate the cheese.  Saves time!

Anyways, after all your efforts, you will have a delicious meal!




OHHH and I forgot some big news.
I have a HUGE surprise in store.  But in order to get things going, I need to have at least 200 followers!!
I need your help!  
Please, if you like what you see, follow me!...there's a catchy tune right there folks, eh? eh?
seriously, I would love your help in spreading the news about this blog.
And don't forget the giveaway going on right now!


Alrighty, grab a button & link up!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks really good! We love having pizza at the end of the week. Thanks for linking up!

tnt-cook said...

Thanks for the invite to link up and for being a follower, I love my followers!! I grabbed a button while I was here !

Our Little Beehive said...

Thanks for visiting our blog. I just linked to the pizza bites that we're totally addicted to over here! xo

Leslie said...

Thank you for following my blog!

I came over and added my lobster slider link. Thank for you for hosting the linky party.

Michelle {Fun On a Dime} said...

This looks oh, so yummy! Fridays are usually Pizza Day around here...I'm wondering if I can convince my 5 year old that white pizza counts, too!

Thanks for linking up at Friday Bragfest!

Amy said...

The destruction is beautiful. Why can't the stinker let us cook without destroying something? This sounds heavenly.

Pin It button on image hover