went to the library today.

I rented some books:
"Parenting with Love & Logic" by foster cline & jim fay
"The Kazdin Method for Parenting the Defiant Child" by Alan Kazdin
"One year to an Organized Life" by Regina Leeds
this is my life....

bigger news,
this is the first time ever that I want to keep my hair short.
that's a big change for me since I have usually kept my hair long!
Here's a better view of it since I know you want to see it some more:

well my hair isn't all that preoccupies my time and energy.
I have been having emotional struggles these past couple of months as my children are still adjusting to this new move of ours.
Emma is struggling in preschool.
it is so hard to watch since in Pasco, she LOVED it.
she loved her teacher.  she loved her friends.
so then moving here, she has a big expectation in  her mind.
and I know it hasn't come even close.
Her new teacher is just not as "friendly" as her old one.  She is still wonderful and a great teacher.  But she just didn't get 5 year olds as much as Ms. Molly.  She kind of nit picks at the little things.  So I feel Emma gets a lot of negative attention and being told what not to do a lot.
and I can't say anything much there since I know i've had my fair share of that filling that bucket to her.
she is just plain testing our limits.
i'm exhausted.
I am sick of beating my head against a wall with her!
everything I say, she fights me...everything.
we just keep butting heads.
I don't want to do it anymore.
sigh...
some days, i'm just done.  done with it all, you know?

next is Kate.  She seems to have been improving with the night wakes, which is good.
but thank goodness to all that is holy for Kate.
She is just so content to play, watch her shows, or draw.  
She doesn't need my constant attention like my other 2 children.

Luke, oh luke.  you are just too much.
you are adorable and talking and expressing your cute little voice.
I love it.
I love that inquisitive look.
You love to read and break things.
you are curious and like to dump out millions of drawers then put things back in.
silly boy.
but, your temper is heightening.
it's very humorous to watch as you melt to the floor.
your father and i are scared we have another Emma on our hands.

so as life settles down for us here, things are getting better slowly. 
but i'm excited for warm weather so we can get OUT of this HOUSE.


10 comments:

Charly said...

I have been in your shoes in regards to what you wrote about you and Emma. It's the mother/daughter dynamic. I hope it gets better for you! It got better with me and Logan--wish I had an answer for how it did though.

melimba said...

Crazy times, my friend. Good luck! You'll figure out exactly what each kid needs, but good luck until then.

On a different note, I am SO in love with your hair. It is perfect for you! GOOD WORK!!

Nicole said...

Love the hair! Sorry it's been a tough move, especially for the kids. I worry about that everyday. Hopefully it will get better soon.

JoEllen said...

I do just love your hair. I love that cut and I have sported it several times myself. :)

I follow this great "parenting book" blog. She reads one parenting book a week (it's a lady from my ward) and then reports on the techniques she has tried out on her kids. parentingbookbybook.blogspot.com/

It's pretty interesting.

natalie said...

Wow. I love your new hair. It is very flattering.

steph, brent, and joaquin said...

I'm still LOVING your hair! So I can't testify myself about Love & Logic, but I do have the book and I'm trying to utilize principles from it. I really enjoy how it helps me keep my cool and not lose my temper or control of the situation. My friends have used it with their preschoolers and are really digging it. So I wish you all the best there. Let me know how it goes. Or doesn't.

Jazmin said...

LOVE your hair! never grow it out! EVER!

Anyway, for a minute there, I thought I you were reading my mind! Emma & you is the same as me & Matthew.. sigh... Why can we get along?! I seriously think we need counseling!

Hang in there, know you are not the only one!

Heather Lee said...

oh my goodness, I love your hair short! Love it! You look so cute, like a cute spunky little mama.
I want to see photos of Emma's hair, so I guess she's not against EVERYTHING to do with you:) You guys probably just have similar personalities...which is AWESOME. Awesome personalities.
I feel for you with the preschool adjustment. That's how I felt about moving here and the new nursery leaders. Luckily Holland is in primary now and there's more structure...no punching over toys.
I love that you included "breaking things" in Lukes interests. haha that was funny.
I love your blog. And all your last minute crafts! Adorable.

Jaime and Matt said...

I must say, I am with you on this whole spring fever thing! I think kids are just grumpier in the winter because they need more room to run around!

McArthur Family said...

I'm really loving "Love and Logic". I took a class last summer about it and now am reviewing it through the "Love and Logic from Birth-6yrs." and I feel really good about what it's teaching me. I'm just so thankful to have some direction in parenting as it gives me confidence in my decision making.

PS. your hair is soooo darling.

and do you have tutorial on your craft blog on how to make those darling headbands?

Pin It button on image hover