Final Phase: Post Wedding


The week follow the wedding was much more relaxing!  Joe was here till Tuesday so that was a nice break.  We were able to see more family and my friends too!  Here are the pics from the second half of my trip:

Joe's brother's who go to BYU came by to see the girls.  The girls love playing with them!

Emma, Kindra and Carter played in the forest, cooking veggies in their "fire pit"

I love this one of Kate

Look at this beautiful little girl!  She's talking in this picture.  This is Holland, my good friend, Heather's little girl.
Ready to go for a nice walk!
Kate loved to play with HOlland too
Re-united and it feels so good :)
Heather and I go way back and it was fun to get together and play the WHOLE week..more pics to come :)

Another funny story.  I got this cake from Kohler's and asked to put "Happy Birthday Emma" on it and this is what I got back.  I should have figured since I was dealing with a freshman high school boy...way too funny
Yes, it's true.  I officially have a 3 year old!  Emma's birthday was on Saturday but since that was Jenny's wedding day, we couldn't steal the thunder so we waited to celebrate it later.  Here's my girl!

Look how cute she is trying to blow out the candle
She needed some assistance from Grandpa :)

YUM
I also was able to meet with some more friends for dinner at Carino's.  After the fact, I found out that everyone else's food wasn't that great...whoops...Here's Rohen, Candice's little boy..He is so stinkin' cute!
And a complete Candice look alike! 
Here's Heather and Holland again :)
Candice and Jax and Goldie
Here's the group: Suzette, Me, Heather, Holland, Candice, Rohen, Jax and Goldie :)  Thanks for coming and eating some not so yummy food!
Another day, I went out to lunch with some friends as well and that was fun to get out!
I then had the mom's come over for a playgroup the day before I left and it was so fun to see everyone's kids and them playing together!
Again, Kate couldn't get enough of Holland!

Here's Maggie, Kate, Olive, Annie and Holland
Kate practicing her sharing skills :)
Kelli was able to swing by during her lunch break!  So glad you did!
And here are the kids...this was an interesting picture to take and it must have been pretty amusing for them to see their mom's going crazy to take a picture!

Thanks guys for playing with me the last week!  It was so fun to see all of you!  

It was a great last week but I admit I am glad i'm home to my usual routine!  I hope I can come visit UT more often though.  I love seeing friends and catching up!

 

7 comments:

Courtney said...

Looks like you guys had a really fun trip. That is so good that Joe got to come out there. I can't wait to go visit friends and family, but it will probably be a while before that happens.

Heather Lee said...

...and I got to see Heather and Holland again...
aaahaha. Well what can I say? I haven't seen you nearly enough these past 2-3 years.
Love the long arm photo of me and you.....umm really don't. It looks like it was taken with one of those fish bowl lenses or something. Well at least you look good.
Miss you much. and your dear little girls

The Blaisdell Family said...

Ok, that "kid" that wrote on Emma's birthday cake needs to be fired. It looks like a five year old wrote it! It's really funny, but oh my!!

Happy Birthday Emma. I can't believe she's 3 either. That means our friendship goes "way back" now right??

I so glad you got to have so much time with friends. That's awesome. I bet you had a blast!!

And you've always been a beauty, but all these recent pictures lately you look even more beautiful. SPILL YOUR SECRET OR OUR FRIENDSHIP IS OVER!! Just kidding, I think I'll keep you around for a few more years:)

natalie said...

Happy bday Emma!

I would have complained about the cake and tried to get it for free or get another one!

Jonny and Suzette Baird said...

Man, you got so much in! you need to make this a regular thing every month. It was so fun having you here, I wished we would have hung out more. come back soon!
love ya!

annie and jared said...

ok lyssa, so i know this totally sounds fake, but.... olive ATE the post-it that you gave me with your email on it!!! i let her go through my diaper bag and realized much too late that she was chewing on that paper. mother of the year award goes to... ME! anyways, call me and give it to me again because i have some cute pics to give you from our get-together. i will also be posting some on my blog.

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I LOVE these pictures! BUT I LOVE THAT CAKE MORE! YUMMY!

Pin It button on image hover