Phase 2: The wedding

Something really excited happened on Saturday. And i'm not talking about Jenny's Wedding. Joe flew into town that morning! Originally, he wasn't going to come at all. Yet a week before I left, he got calls for interviews to AEGD programs in Salt Lake & Pocatello. He was able to set dates the following week, on Monday and Tuesday so it all worked out great! I was so happy to see him and so were the girls!

So back to the wedding :)

Her ceremony was at 1:30 and it was very special. I love temples and I was grateful that Joe was there with me in the Celetial Room. It made us that much closer.

Michael had kid duty so he had to haul all of them to the temple to take pictures after the ceremony. Those are never fun with 2 little kids, one of which missed her 2nd nap...EEK!


Little Beauty





The HAPPY couple
JC & Ashley have claimed my girls if we die, which I was fine with...

Time for Professionals...




After all those pics, we headed back to our house to prepare for the reception. We had her reception in our backyard and it turned out AWESOME. The best part was the blessed weather. All week, there were horrible forecasts for Saturday evening. Yet as time drew near, there were a few sprinkles but that was it. Totally blessing.




On top of preparing everything, we still had to take MORE PICTURES! Again, enough with the pictures!! No, it was fine but Emma had had enough.
Now onto the Reception!
Don't even think about it Emma....



Time to mingle and talk to guests..but first let's put the girls down!
We hurried and put the girls down for bed so we could have the rest of the night to us and our family and friends. It was great to see everyone.
Cutting of the cake :)


And throwing the bouquet!

We were able to dance, which I love to do and again, so glad Joe was there!


Here's the signing table
GIFTS
Beautiful Jenny
Can I just tell you how excited I am that Jenny and Steward got married? THey are totally perfect for each other! They compliment one another so well...maybe too well! But i'm happy they found one another. Glad to see Jenny is married now and taken care of :)


9 comments:

Cairen said...

the wedding looks so pretty with the light around the trees...and I LOVE the pictures of you and Joe dancing you both look HOT! I am glad that Joe was able to make it for the wedding, I am sure he helped lighten your load with the two little ones.
So maybe you guys will be going to Salt Lake for a while for school?? That would be so awesome!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

WOW, these were amazing. Everything looks so pretty and so does everyone. The girls are just precious! Thanks for sharing with us this wonderful day for the family!

Hillery said...

Ahhh...I love weddings! And this one looked fabulous! How fun about Joe. Hope the interviews went well. P.S. You look amazing! (Said in Kelly Kapoor's voice.)

McArthur Family said...

Lyssa, you look so beautiful! No wonder your girls are gorgeous!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Everything seemed to be perfect for the new couple! And how dare you compete with the bride as one hot mama!! You look beautiful Lyssa!!!

Jazmin said...

the wedding looked so cool! I love the picture frames on trees! and you look great! i love your dress!

Jami Black said...

I'm so glad Joe got to come-what a beautiful wedding. Looks like those pump classes paid off-you look awesome! Can't wait to catch up!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Hey girl! Go to my blog page and see your button!
Then click on contact diva and send me an email so I can email you your new button! Congrats!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Your sister's wedding was beautiful! I loved her colors and I loved what you were all wearing. You all looked beautiful. I love temples too...isn't it such a great blessing to get to attend someone else's wedding with your husband and just enjoy and soak it all up!

Pin It button on image hover