tidy-up tuesdays.



Hi!  Welcome to tidy-up tuesdays.

So I have a question for you.
Do you have a nightly routine?

Now I don't mean like, with your kids like dinner, bedtime, my time...
I'm talking about YOUR nightly routine with your home.

Let me show you my nightly routine:
 After kids are in bed, I:
start in the dining room and clear off table and clean off floor.
I wipe it down and make sure it's all clean.
Next is the living room,
Clean off the floor, like garbage, dishes, toys etc.  Put them all away until the floor is clear.
Next is the kitchen.
I save the kitchen for last because I want to make sure I have all the loose dishes that will need to go in the dishwasher.
I load the dishwasher, clean pots & pans, wipe down the counters & sink.
Lastly I sweep the floor in the kitchen and then vacuum in the living room and dining room.

That last step catches everything that has fallen to the floor while cleaning so I know that I will get every last piece of crumb or so help me!
And as I am going to my room to sleep, I start the dishwasher.

If I work quickly, this is easily done under an hour.  Then I have the rest of the night to do things I want to do!  It's all about looking ahead.  I would rather get everything clean that night so when I wake up the next morning, my house is clean!!  I am not overburdened with dirty dishes & messy floors!

Over the past few months, I've finally gotten into this routine.  I used to fight it because I was so tired at night, I didn't want to do anything.
Yet, I hated even more waking up to a big fat mess.  
Try tackling that with 3 kids under 4 at your feet!

So let me ask you,
What's your nightly routine like?
Post a Comment
Pin It button on image hover