thrifty thursdays.


K you guys just plain rock!  All you linkers are awesome.
What a turnout!  I loved seeing everything you guys found.  Thank you!
Let's take a peek at the finds...

Coastal Charm redid gorgeous shelf.  What a beauty!


Liz Marie redid this shutter.  I love how it turned out!


Frugal Ideas from the Parsonage got VINTAGE SHEETS and a wonderful Rug!


Scarlett Loves Elvis found and filled this adorable picnic basket.


Michelle over My Reflections found a ton of stuff, including this number which I love & reminds me of my grandmother's collection!


Ellen at Creative Passage made this from combining 2 shirts!


In The Hammock Vintage found this beautiful yellow dress!


Stacey over at Pill's Place found vintage vinyl with cool cover art!


The Silly Pearl found some major finds!


KaydeeBunz scored with tons of fabric!

Thank you ladies for playing!
Grab yourself a button :)

Alright so last week, I showed you this shelf I got for only $10 :)
Originally I was going to paint it but when I pulled it in the room, I liked the dark brown with the reds, blues, yellows and whites.  So for now, it stays.  So I am going to break this picture down for you and show you my antique/thrifty finds.

We'll start with his name blocks, which I made by painting and distressing the block and modge podging red letters.  Pretty simple really.  But I like how it looks with everything :)

Most of these were found in the Tri-Cities, WA area in an antique store called The Bees Knees.  
Best store ever.

First up is this piggy jar.  What a cutie huh?  It was only a few dollars and I loved the colors! 

This little dog was my first purchase for this collection.  It was $5.

This calender was only $2.  I plan to take the pictures, stick them in frames and put them on the walls.  I love the pictures too.  Perfect for a little boys room.

The yellow dog was $2, the top was $6 and the lion was $3.

This cute airplane was free in a Home Goods Swap!

Raggedy Andy was $4!

Every boy needs a bucket of dinosaurs!  $4!  And that green guitar was $1 at target...it may or may not be a dog toy but my son loves the squeaking!

I love this phone :)  It was $5

These aren't antique or thrifty finds.  My mom gave them to my son.  They are designed like the classic or original Winnie the Pooh characters and thought they were cute!

Well there's a little view of my antique kid toy collection.  But I am always looking for good deals for them.  It's an addiction really...I ..can't..stop..:)
I'm linking to THESE parties!


Now the fun part!
Link up any thrifty find, redo, antiques, or just anything thrifty!
Please grab a button and add it to the post or blog so that others can follow along too!
Link specific posts and not the main blog :)
I'll pick a few to feature next week!






17 comments:

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Oooh, that yellow dress is incredible! And I loooove the calendar you found--so so cute! I yet again didn't go thrift shopping this week . . . what's happening to me?! New resolution to go thrift shopping before next Thursday! :-)

Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

Scarlett said...

oh i love all the vintage toys!! Great finds, thanks also for featuring me :o) chuffed to bits thanks Scarlett x

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Cute collection! I try to do this, but all the horrible garish plastic toys somehow creep back in again, and there is never any of the vital space between items on my shelves!

Kat said...

Ohh ohh Im famous!!! Thanks so much for featuring me!!! :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

The shelf and the vintage toys look amazing!!

Thanks SO much for featuring my yellow dress!! Can't wait to see the other finds this week!

http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

A distant relative gave my girls a top just like the one you have. She told us how many generations played with it. My girls broke it in two days. Sigh. You've given me hope that I can find another one someday!

Thanks so much for featuring my thrifty finds!!!

EllensCreativePassage said...

Thanks so much for the feature...I love that yellow dress!!

Christina said...

aww they're great!

Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

Michelle said...

Wow! The vintage toys are super! The distressed blocks turned out fabulous, great job! Thank you so much for the mention on my thrifts, that was so sweet. I placed your button along side the Thrifty Thursday button. Looks very nice and I appreciate it. Happy Thrifting!

Unknown said...

Lyssa,
I posted a giveaway for a tote I made with vintage sheets. Please feel free to delete it if you prefer us not to post giveaways!
Thanks!

Vanessa said...

I'm in love with your collection of vintage toys. And the bookshelf looks perfect against that red wall! Cute vignette!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love the vintage toys! So cute on a shelf. That calendar will make great wall art!

trish said...

Your vintage toys just tug at my heart. :o) Several of them bring back special memories. They are in my attic awaiting grandchildren one day. I played with them, then my children, and so on. :o)
Have a lovely weekend.
Sincerely, Trish

Susan said...

My boys had a Fisher Price phone like that when they were babies. My oldest son is 38 years old.

Anonymous said...

I am always happy to find thrifty link ups. Garage and yard sale season has not yet begun here but next weekend is a rummag-a-rama. I can hardly wait.
You and I like similar things.

my thrifty closet said...

Hi ! I love your toys collection. What lovely finds! And all sitting pretty on the shelf. I found you at Flea Market finds. Thanks for hosting and following you!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

thanks so much for the feature and I love all the vintage toys...that "TOP" is my fav!

Blessings,
Linda

Pin It button on image hover