tidy-up tuesdays.

Remember these baskets I got last week from the Dollar Tree?
Well I was really excited to bring them home and get to work.

So I snipped off that loop piece on top.  And that was it. 
With these baskets, I spruced up my desk space.
These basket now hold all the annoying desktops items that clutter, like pens, markers, tape, calculator, scissors, pencils etc. etc.
oh so so nice!
All I did was put a nail in the wall and hang them up!



Ok next disaster area, my middle counter space, that is between my kitchen and dining room.
such a clutter spot!  I hate that!
This is a view from the kitchen of a typical sight it used to have all the time.
CLUTTER!
I had a basket on the counter but I swear things would crawl out of them and still end up on the counter!
so i grabbed some of  those hanging baskets....


And TA DA!!! So much better and out of the way.  These baskets hold notepads, phone chargers, my camera, checkbook.
And another thing I did that you can notice is used my pallet shelf I made from awesome Ana and used that to hold my laptop and my bag.  And look!  There's my key dish!  Everything has a home!

So about those hanging baskets, I'm thinking of painting them and putting numbers on them...
what do you think?

Ok so next stage in this little project was that I spruced up those clear plastic file folder shelves:

They needed something because I was not a fan of the plastic clear look!
So I grabbed some supplies:  Modge Podge, scrapbook paper of choice, pencil & scissors

I traced the shape onto the paper, knowing that I was giving it some leeway around the edges...
Then I just cut out the shapes and modge podged them on.  I was able to use 1 piece of 12x12 for the both of them!

Ta da!

And here they are, back on the wall.  Much better!


Are you a basket/bin lover too?  What are some fav things you use with them?

I'm linking up to THESE parties.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I love things that make life easier. Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All.

katie said...

holy crapo! wow....

Unknown said...

I love this post - I like the basket idea and it is something I'm going to look for (After spending $34 tonight at Salv. Army & their half price day, I already went over budget for this month's treasures...). And I have to tell you I did the plastic paper sorter thing when my kids were a bit younger and it worked out great. I sort of miss them but after a few years (yes, years) I got tired of them and took them down. Your place looks great!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Great job! It feels good to tidy things up. thanks for joining our blog party!

goodenoughmommy said...

I totallly want the plastic folder organizer. I have one that will hold a single folder but the multi-folder one would be awesome. Where can I find that?

Thanks!

Humble Homemaker said...

Way to go at getting organised! I really like your ideas, very cute. Great job!

Sommer said...

I so totally want to make some of these! I'm waiting to finish up my laundry room rehab and I will make some for sure. I love them! FABULOUS job! I would be delighted if you would link this to my party today! http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/03/vip-party-6.html

Sommer @ Designer Garden

Anonymous said...

oh love making life more organized! I need to do it with all my craft supplies!
-----
If you have a chance please come link up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings...www.ladybug-blessings.com

Pin It button on image hover